Saturday, May 1, 2021

Another Windy Day

 This was the last day of the walking challenge that I have been doing this month.  The reason that I walked to Canterbury, NH on Monday was because this challenge was to emulate the Canterbury Pilgrimages.  My total step count for the month was more than enough to get from London to Canterbury and back.  Had I only used the mileage that added up by only my walks, I may not have made it.  My thanks to The Turnip of Terror and The Agincourt Soldier for putting this together.  Happy things for today:

  • Amy and I met for a walk along the rail trail.  The wind was blowing and the clouds were moving in with more rain.  The company was bright and that makes all the difference!



  • Along the trail there were some flowering plants/trees.  They were pretty, but I haven't tried to identify them yet.



Possibly a Box Elder.

  • Keziah and I have just about a week to finish getting a piece of garb ready for me to wear.  Today that meant I made a coif mock up.  The one I made mostly fit.  It didn't take very long to make, but the next one will be embroidered.  
  • Someone had a minor accident at the food place across the street that sent napkins flying on the wind and into our yard.  The owner came over and started picking them up and Zed and Giden went out to help.  Zed then went over to get a frappe for Keziah and Gideon.  He came back with a frappe for each of us that the owner let him have for free.  Peppermint stick frappe for me.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Currently listening to: Too Like the Lightning, by Ada Palmer.
    This was returned to the library today, not sure when I will try it again.
Currently listening to: The Canterbury Tales, by Geoffrey Chaucer.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...