Sunday, May 30, 2021

Rainy Sunday

 Today the rain held off until lunch time.  I didn't go out first thing though, I wanted to do a job search first.  I've applied for another job and I have a pre-hire appointment on Tuesday.  It was all automatic.  The introvert in me loves the lack of contact leading up to this.  The old person inside though, they are a little weirded out by the lack of real people involved.  I'm just glad I am finally getting this job hunt going.  Other things I am happy about today:

  • It is the end of the month and I remembered to fertilize the plants.  Yay!
  • There are some plants under the fruit trees that look like more strawberry plants but I have been trying to ignore them.  The fruit trees are the priority in that area.  They have been mowed once this year and a few times last year.  Looking at them today and seeing how well the ones I replanted the other day are doing (so far), I may try to move these soon too.  I really enjoy strawberries, can you tell?


  • For a while today I just relaxed in front of the TV watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix and pacing for steps between the episodes.
  • It was another cool, wet day with temperatures in the mid 40's.  In the evening I turned on the gas fireplace.  It is what I needed to take the chill out of my bones.  
Winston by me as we warmed ourselves by the fire.

Nanni found a high place where the heat rose to.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thanks for reading and stay safe!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...