Saturday, May 15, 2021

Hammock Day

 Minecraft last night with TF and Gideon was fun, but I was up way too late.  This made for a slow start this morning.  I decided to look for employment.  I have decided that it is hard for me to look for a job online.  I gave up on that when Zed, Gideon, and I headed out on some errands.  Keziah is helping a friend move and is gone this weekend.  While we were out I found some more plant pots.  I needed another that is at least twelve inches deep to plant more gladiolus corms.  I found two and two hanging planters as well.  Today I cleaned them, and some other, smaller ones, I had in the cellar.  I now have piles of pots to put some of the plants I've started in.  

The house and shed provided all the green pots.
The things we find around here sometimes...

Other happy things for today:
  • The Egyptian walking onions I planted last year are already starting to grow that second set of onions that will eventually send them growing even more.  Time to find some recipes... 

  • I found the organic fertilizer and used it on most of the food plants.  I'm hoping the zucchini will perk up.  They still aren't looking good after I temporarily put them outside a few days ago.
  • While waiting for the freshly cleaned planters to dry I sat out and enjoyed this warm Saturday on my hammock seat and read.  Isn't that what Saturdays are for? 
The leaves are out providing shade as I 
gently spin and read on the hammock.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.





1 comment:

  1. Yes Hammocks and Saturday’s are a lovely combination

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...