Monday, April 26, 2021

No Tales.

 The wind was fierce, I occasionally had to fight it to keep going.  Perhaps that is just because I was so tired.  It took about six hours and fifteen miles, but I walked to Canterbury, NH.  That is my happy thing for today.   There were splendid views, wind, and more wind.  I gave up early on on trying to keep the rim of my hat from standing up straight in the wind.  I cut the walk about a mile shorter than I originally planned, but still about 2.5 miles into Canterbury.  I hope, reader, that you enjoy the pictures.  They are also happy things for today.

Water.


Moving water.

The only historical marker I saw along the way.

My finger and a flowering tree.

The sidewalk ended.

Beautiful homes with beautiful views.

Instead of my finger in the way,
I thought part of my face, hat and shoulder could block the view instead.  
🤣

Water down a hill.

Town line!

I enjoyed the streams I crossed.

Mary & Quentin Hutchins Forest.
This is one of a few different places I might like to
drive to and then hike another time.

My feet hurt...

Getting in the car for the ride home.
This was near Kimball Pond.

Perhaps tonight I will sleep well.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

I was hoping to listen to The Canterbury Tales as I walked today but the wind was too loud.

Stay safe.


Bonus!  Full moon.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could see the full moon! At my house it has been constantly cloud covered for days. Hot and muggy oy! I was in the house and feeling hot, went out side for a few minutes. Came back inside to blessed coolness ! Temp outside was 80° humidity 90% +. Heat index of 86° with nowhere for your sweat to go but just sit inside your pores . Oppressive

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...