Thursday, May 13, 2021

Glads

 The days are long when I don't sleep well.  I made a point this morning of looking for work, for at least a little while.  I started an account with Kelly Services.  It isn't a job, yet, but it could be a foot in a door.  Putting myself out there for work is hard, but I'll do it.  Other happy things for today:

  • When I went into the cellar to check out the plants I was happy to see that all three of the gladioli I planted were sprouted.  I decided that this was the day to plant them.
The three gladioli are in there,
really.

  • I also noticed a little sprout that had somehow managed to grow to the side of the container.  I meant to plant that today as well but forgot until I saw the picture.  
This container fell when I planted some seeds.
I'm not sure what this will be, if it makes it.


  • In order to plant things I had to wash out the two pots I had set aside for them.  Glads need to be deep and I had one and picked up another in a recycle/reuse bin at a local garden shop.  Instead of just washing the two I needed I looked around and found a bunch more to clean.  Yay, productivity!
  • The three sprouts went into one container and I also have some corms, they went into the larger container.  I still have a dozen more corms to plant, but I need to find a container first or plant them in the ground.
One of the seedlings.
There is a root coming out the bottom 
so I am glad I decided to plant them.

The corms are buried deep.
  • Keziah made dinner tonight and Zed's mom came by to eat and watch Dr. Who with us.  She was my vaccination buddy.  There are plans for regular nights when she will visit and watch Dr. Who.  😊
  • At least one of the strawberry plants is doing well.  None are dead, but there are weeds fighting for nutrients that I need to take care of.

  • The blueberry bush is starting to show signs of life too.  I wasn't sure after the drought last year.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.


Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...