Monday, May 10, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

Not every mother is happy today and not every child (or adult) is happy with their mother.  I hope they find happiness, even if not with each other.  

Zed and I downloaded all the videos from the trail cam.  Some were just bugs or wind blowing.  Others are more interesting.  I've decided to share on my blog the links to those that I am posting onto YouTube.  The YouTube posts are being scheduled to go public at different times (one a day) that won't have anything to do with the blog.  Readers can see most of them first.  Honestly, I am rather excited about seeing the critters, even the squirrels.  Most likely this will be me sharing lots of squirrels and deer with a few other interesting critters in between.  The trail cam only records for about 22 seconds so these are short.  Here is the list of links from video collected in the last week or two:

  • Squirrel.
  • Birds.  Most seem small, one seems to jump into the brook.
  • Cat.  At first glance I thought it was a racoon.  It was during a rainy night.  I'm fairly certain it is a household cat.
  • Deer and turkey.  The turkey comes down the hill a little bit in.
  • Deer.  The deer walks right in front of the camera.
  • Beaver.  Fairly certain this is a beaver.  I always thought beaver ate fish; they are vegetarians.  How did I never learn this before?
  • Fireworks.  This one starts off with a loud scream, I recommend turning down the volume.  It also doesn't appear to have any wildlife.  There is something in the very beginning where a light can be seen.  That is a mystery.  The popping noises are the fireworks.  Sound carries in weird ways.
  • Mourning dove.  Hard to see what I think to be a mourning dove.  
  • Squirrel.  The squirrel comes towards where the camera is.
  • Bluejays.  Just a couple of blue jays.
If I did this all correctly, anyone with the links can view the videos and the public and people subscribed to the YouTube channel will get one a day for the next ten days.  Other happy things for today:

  • My daughter, Keziah, wanted a productive day ending with girl movies for us and our friend that is visiting this weekend.  We spent the beginning of the day cleaning some problem areas and later in the day we watched the movie Moxie.  She got what she wanted for Mother's Day.  
  • I wanted to not have to cook.  We ordered out from the ice cream place in town for lunch and Zed brought home dinner from Olive Garden.  Win!!
  • Bel called from Texas to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  They seem to be doing well, helping their dad on his farm and at Pioneer Farms.  They hope to be able to work more on turning their bus into a home soon.
  • During the girl movie we each did a face mask-the kind that are for deep cleaning, not guarding against disease.  I chose a peel-off kind.  As a teen I loved that kind.  It has been a few years and maybe my face is more sensitive?  It feels nice and clean but I didn't expect it to hurt so much coming off.  It was still a good time.
My face was kind of frozen.

  • The coif.  I got some pictures of the coif today.  There were a couple books and some websites I used to guide me in my design as well as knowledge from Keziah and a friend.  There is also so much more that I might get around to adding to it another time.
D for Deirdre and the llama because
that is how I am depicted in a comic that 
someone does.

Llamas are from South America, not Europe in 
the Middle Ages.
So really, it is just a tall sheep.
😉

This is at the top and
won't be visible under the coronet.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Wear a mask.

3 comments:

  1. I click the links but videos listed as Private

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safari at youtube asl says “This video is private”

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...