Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Mister Blue Sky

 My apologies on the links from Sunday not working.  I guess I won't try that again.  Each video should be released on a new day.  So as of when I am writing this, the first three should be public.  I thought that with the link, they would be available.  I guess I learned something.  

Another thing I learned is that the zucchini I am trying to grow don't seem to like it outside.  They were out for two days and nights, in the pots, and I may have lost two of them.  They are back inside now.  However, so far, there isn't anything obviously eating the few plants that are in the garden.  Other happy things for today:

  • Yesterday when I mowed the lawn, I went right over the dandelions.  Today, mowing a different part of the yard I started mowing the dandelions, then I saw a honey bee.  I mowed around most of the remaining dandelions.  I've seen a few bees this year, but I'd like to see more.
  • While mowing in the garden area I saw a garter snake.  I almost mowed it!  It slithered away and then disappeared.  It must have a hole there.  One of the things that garter snakes eat are grubs.  In other parts of the yard we have a grub problem, so this snake can stay in the garden.
  • I met a friend for a walk today.  We are both vaccinated so hugs were in order!  It was a wonderful visit. 
  • We took a nice stroll through the Pine Grove Cemetery in Manchester, NH.  Here are some pictures (I took a lot more) from that walk.
That blue sky!

Old tree.

A chapel.

A very detailed stone.
I love the way the light shines on it.

A different view of the above stone.

A lot more than just pine in Pine Grove Cemetery.

This section is dedicated to the military.

Itty bitty flowers.

Later, the same chapel as before,
view through the building.

Through the window.

Reflections.

A different chapel that also has offices.

Blooming tree.

Looking at the stained glass
in one of the mausoleums.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pics of the cemetery. The current trend in cemetery headers lacks grace, beauty, and character in favor of lawn mowing. I love that you have such lovely places there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plots here only allow one urn for plants each. There were three different stones I noticed that allowed for plants as part of the monument. I didn't include the pictures, sorry. Considering how they mow, it unfortunately makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...