Saturday, May 15, 2021

Lilacs

 Sometimes my daughter and her husband are adorable in the way they interact.  It is sweet, loving, and cute.  This morning there was one such interaction that I was sure I would remember but alas, I only remember that it made me happy.  Other happy things for today:

  • I must laugh at myself now.  I wrote down a couple of key words to help prompt me tonight on what to write.  I also use the pictures I take to help me remember the happy parts of the day.  The first written prompt was cute (see above) and the second was toilet paper.  I am sure that something specific happened that included the toilet paper, but I don't remember what that was.  Instead maybe, dear reader, you could laugh with me over how toilet paper can make someone happy.  If you don't think it could make someone happy, think about how it is without any.  Isn't having some much more happy than not having any?  😉
  • For quite some time today I worked on removing weeds from near the strawberry plants. It may not look like much in the pictures, but I dug out the weeds, looked for grubs, and turned the soil.
Before: the hay area is what I did last week
or the week before...

After: the hay area as well as what I cleared out
is now all covered with some burlap.
The rock is not in the same place.
After I do the next section I'll
figure out where to put the rock.
  • Yesterday I noticed how a seed had begun to grow in the container, but not in the soil.  Today I remembered to plant it and another that I spotted in the container.
The unknown seedling.
  • The purple lilacs are blooming now.  The yard has a floral scent that I assume is mostly coming from lilacs.  I enjoy the lilac every year.  I look for them and do my best to appreciate them while they are here.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...