Thursday, May 27, 2021

Art Museum

 There is a modest sized art museum in Manchester, NH called the Currier Museum of Art.  We (Keziah, Gideon, and a friend that is staying with us this week) met some friends there and visited for a short time today.  I decided not to ask about taking pictures and just didn't take any of the exhibits.  I also chose to spend more time in the current exhibits that will go away and didn't even go up to the second floor.  Here are some happy things from the museum and home later: 

  • I enjoyed all the exhibits but two of them stood out to me.  One was Critical Cartography.  The artist, Larissa Fassler, made maps of the city and placed on them notes of things that she witnessed while there.  She also included news and facts about the area.  It was an interesting snippet of time artistically presented.  My words don't do it justice and I was not able to stay and read everything.  
  • The second exhibit was Roberto Lugo.  Mr. Lugo used pieces of his own work (most pottery based) and some of those from the museum that asked the viewer to compare perspectives.  At least that is how I interpreted it.  It struck a note with me and now I want to try to work in 
    clay.   According to the museum website, he will be an artist in residence there over the summer.
  • When talking with Keziah and Gideon about things they liked, both of them agreed that spending time with the almost two year old friend was the best.  Seeing her and her mother was a wonderful treat.  As things flow in a museum, I kept being separated from the group... I think I took too long or not enough time in places.  Seeing friends is certainly a highlight of the day.
Being part of the discussion.

Gideon felt that this looked like potato chips.
I see fans.


  • At home later I finally made a small step at organizing my room.  It kind of fell apart when I stopped doing the videos for downsizing.  One small step and now I have baskets hanging on my wall.

  • I finally got around to mowing one of the parts of the yard that I have avoided until now.  Then I went after some of the areas I want to keep tame to allow for walking.  One of the areas, by the apple trees, I mowed about two weeks ago, I thought.  It was hard to tell the grass has grown so much.  I only did a little of it because I was getting tired.  
The trail I mowed through here is barely visible.
There are lines where some animals have been by.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Stay safe.  Thank you for reading about my happy things today.


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the Critcal Cartography exhibit, it sounds fascinating and I do Love Maps.

    External art - I too saw fans before I read your commentary. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...