Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds and Ends blog.

Here are some happy things from today:

  • For the last few weeks I have been moving around a bag I have that contains some coloring books and colored pencils.  Today I finally colored a little.  I find that coloring can be very relaxing and calming.  
Just a little bit of color so far.

  • There are now five books that I am in the middle of 'reading'.  Two of them are misplaced, one sits on my bed (where I want them to be), one is an audiobook on my phone and the last I downloaded onto my phone's Kindle app this morning and read the first chapter.  Reading is good.  Finding the ones I misplaced would be better.  :) 
  • I did a revamp of my bucket list.  I have been working on it off and on for a few weeks.  The link still works, but that links to a spreadsheet that organizes things better.  Ideally more things will be checked off in the coming year.  Or just go to the spreadsheet if you're interested.
  • Keziah had a “Toast the New Year Jamboree” party to celebrate, in her words, “the God Janus, the Roman God of doors.” There was toast (or bread or crackers…) and jam (or jellies or compotes…) and brie (or other cheeses) as well as other things to eat. Not too many people came this year (pandemic). It made for a nice evening with a few friends. I learned a new game called Calico.


  • This year the blog was Happy Footprints so it seemed fitting that I walk out back in the melting snow and get some pictures.
Probably a chipmunk or squirrel.

Turkey... in this case walking in two directions 
creating a star shape.

Deer.

Aesop, our dog.
  • There were some other pretty views from the hill.




My 2022 year of happy things will be found at this address.  I thought about leaving Blogger, but I am rather used to this site and didn't make the time to explore others.  

Happy New Year!


Currently reading: Faith Hacker, by James ‘Jim’ Wilcox.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...