Sunday, May 16, 2021

Star Flower

 It was another day in which motivation was hard to come by.  Eventually it did and I spent some time digging out weeds, grubs, and rocks.  I'm not sure why I pulled out some of the rocks, but they are out now and I will find a place to relocate them.  Things that brought happiness today:

  • There are little cherries starting on Tucker, the cherry tree.  

  • The autumn olive tree is considered an invasive species in New Hampshire and we plan to cut down more of them.  However, right now the little tiny flowers are in bloom and pretty.


Close up to the autumn olive flowers.
  • Star flowers are blooming by where the trail cam is.  This is not considered an invasive species like so many other plants I seem to find on the property.
Lysimachia borealis.
  • There are deer and a few other animals from the trail camera that I downloaded today.  I'm too tired to post any tonight.
  • It was a good night to start a small fire and cook hotdogs for dinner.

This is a childhood memory making moment.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Stay safe.


1 comment:

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...