Saturday, May 22, 2021

Full Heart

 One of the things I was hoping for when I did the YouTube videos over Lent for downsizing my stuff is that somebody else might want some of it.  I had a request for what had been my baby doll when I was a child.  The friend that I used to work with and I walk with sometimes asked if she could have it for her granddaughter.  I got the things that I had together and gave them to my friend last week when we walked through the cemetery.  Today she sent me a picture of her granddaughter playing with what was my baby doll.  The doll's new name is Charleigh.  ๐Ÿ’•


Nothing can beat that, but here are some other happy things for today:

  • When I finish up with the wheelbarrow I turn it upside down onto the compost pile.  Today when I turned it over to use there was a garter snake curled up on yesterday's debris (pic).  It stayed so still I thought maybe it was not alive.  I went and started weeding and couldn't keep myself away.  I went back and there was just two or three inches of the tail and the rest was burrowing into the compost pile.
  • Is it wrong that removing as much bittersweet from the garden brings me joy?
I dug deep.

The larger pieces on top are bittersweet roots.

  • The rhododendron is getting ready to blossom.
For some reason I just love how this looks.

  • Now that a bunch of the cypress spurge has been pulled or mowed there are other things that are seeing the light.  According to Lens the flower I noticed today is called, star of Bethlehem.  It spreads both by seeds and with bulbs so it may not have been there last year.  As with so many other plants I find, this one is also considered invasive in some places (not NH yet).  
This star of Bethlehem is in the yard,
not a garden area.
It might end up mowed,
depending on how I feel when I mow next.

  • Our dryer is not working properly (not happy).  However, as we sat discussing the problem Winston decided that he would take the opportunity to check it out.
He liked it, perhaps too much!
๐Ÿ˜œ


Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.
--two chapters today!  I WILL finish this book.

Stay safe!


1 comment:

  1. Now that one of the cats has checked out the dryer, if ever it has been open and you have turned away even for a momnet....before you close it locate both cats!

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...