Sunday, May 2, 2021

Happy May Day!

 Keziah and I took a ride to Maine today.  We had one task, to pick up an item to deliver to someone in Southern NH.  We have the item and will deliver it tomorrow.  It was a nice day to drive along country roads.  Tulips and daffodils are still mostly blooming as are magnolia trees and leaves are just beginning to open.  Color is returning.  Other things that I am happy for today:

  • It has been two weeks since I received my second covid vaccine.  My understanding is that I can hug vaccinated people other than those in my family unit now.   
  • After putting burlap on the part of the garden that I recently turned, removed weeds, and tried to prepare for seeds, I realized that I had something else to do before planting.  There used to be trees in the corner of the garden.
An autumn olive tree and maybe 
a black locust tree and
bittersweet.

I took them down.  All the cut branches are all over the place, but the tree will no longer be casting shadows over the garden.

The tangle of tree trunks will have to stay for now.
The fence and trees have grown together.
There are even wire tomato cages grown in there.
  • I'm enjoying watching plants awaken after the long winter.










Currently listening to: The Canterbury Tales, by Geoffrey Chaucer.
    

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...