Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Venus

 Sometimes, a plan for the day works and happens.  Sometimes, it does not.  Yesterday when I got up I found that the freezer had been left open just enough that a bunch of food was partially thawed.  We cooked things and then I got productive in the garden.  Today I got up and did some things in the garden and then learned that the company that is spraying the yard for ticks would be here today.  We don't tend to know what time so I cleaned up the yard a bit and then puttered inside the house instead.  This meant that I wasn't very busy when TF called to let me know she was going to have a job interview.  Talking on the phone for a bit allowed me to work on the latch hook from my youth that I am trying to finish.  These are good things.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Around lunch time Keziah, two friends, and I went to a store in town called Penumbra.  This adorable shop had all sorts of houseplants and plant containers as well as jewelry and greeting cards that were most likely from local artists.  Keziah got a Venus flytrap for Gideon.
It is going to be a kitchen plant.

  • In the afternoon I met with a friend to go for a walk.  Always enjoyable catching up with friends.  We hope to continue these Tuesday walks going forward now that we are all vaccinated.  
The green is like a tent over the stream.


Ducks!

More ducks!

  • Back home I took a walk around the garden and did some watering.  
 I read that Egyptian walking onion
can be used like other onions
but have a stronger flavor.

A flower on one of the raspberry plants
that came with the property.


Currently reading: The Burgess Book of Nature Lore, by Thornton W. Burgess.


Stay safe.



1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the canopied creek. Lovely! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...