Sunday, January 31, 2021

Stepping Outside

 Today I ran some errands and decided to make a detour.  It is a dear friend's birthday so I dropped some things off at her house as a surprise.  I didn't get to see her, but I hope it was a pleasant surprise.  Other happy things for today:

  • It was another cold day.  I decided to walk outside, only in shorter sections.  Since I was out on errands, I stopped and walked a little bit on a rail trail.  
There were people and pet footprints as
well as bike tracks in the snow.

The dark mark on side of the bridge under the fence is 
a pigeon trying to keep warm in the sun.
  • Another stop I made was at a park.  It was getting close to dark so I didn't stay there long.  The sun was low and only turned a bit of the sky orange as it set beyond a frozen lake.




Currently listening to: 
The Great Alone, by Kristin Hannah.

        (Most of the book takes place in Alaska, where there are very few people.)

Stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...