Tuesday, January 19, 2021

MLK Day

 The week has not started as productively as I had hoped.  Sometimes family comes before my list of things to do, and that is how most of today went.  Family coming first is a happy for today.  Other things include:

  • There isn't a lot of room in my little cellar garden.  I figured out how to get more use out of the little chest of drawers that I have the plants on.  I'm going to open the drawers and put plants in them.  The chest of drawers was in the cellar when we purchased the home and is already falling apart.  I'm pretty sure I can make it work.  
  • More holes were drilled on the arrow holder before the battery died again.  I'm seeing benefits to electricity.  I am loving the little piles of sawdust.
  • Zed and I did the grocery shopping today.  We got so much food that when they bagged it they got a second cart.  Six people for at least a week's worth of food.  Stepping out of the store the sun was most likely just passed the horizon and the sky was just starting to darken.  Lovely.

Crescent moon.

  • The cats are crazy.  They have access to the top of the bookshelf from their cardboard tower.  There is a light near there that attracted a bug that then attracted the cats.  Keziah moved the lamp so they wouldn't jump into it and so Winston got down from the shelves and went up the stairs to try to get that bug.  Nanni was on her way there too before the lamp was moved again.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.  I am putting this book down until some time in February.  I have read the two chapters concerning things to be working on in the winter.  Hopefully I will make the time tomorrow to start another book.

For MLK Day.

Stay safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...