Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Cat Grass

 The later at night it gets before writing this, the more important any pictures I took during the are.  When checking on my indoor garden today I noticed that the cat grass has grown well.  It was brought upstairs for Nanni to munch on first.  Winston was upstairs.  They really seemed to enjoy the grass.  This might become a regular midday treat.

Nanni.

Winston & Nanni.
They wouldn't stop moving for the pictures.  I have a short video of Nanni eating it.




Other happy things from today:
  • Sometimes things happen to change a person's plans for the day.  I got out for a walk later than I wanted but earlier than I have been getting outside.  It was weird to not have a sun low in the horizon.  There was plenty of cloud cover in preparation for the current snowfall.  I walked a little over two miles.  I noticed a makeshift bridge over the stream.  I'm sure I have seen it before, but it hadn't stuck in my head.  There are things I can do to make more trails (or better define some that are there) while it is still winter.  Mostly moving the larger dead wood that isn't frozen.  If I can get the chainsaw to work, there are the large trees that are over the trails that could be cut up too.  Will I be able to do any of this?  I don't know.  But there is beauty in the land as it is, and beauty in my dream for it too.  
Makeshift bridge.
I wonder if Four made it or it was here?

The brook is a bit more frozen.

  • The cat grass wasn't the only life downstairs.  Some of the plants are doing better than others.  There was also a lady bug on a petunia!  My feelings are mixed because ladybugs can become a nuisance inside a home.  They eat other bugs though, so finding one on a plant is good.

  • There was a Zoom meeting that I went to tonight about all the work that the people do behind the scenes to produce an East Kingdom SCA court.  It was informative and so good to see some familiar faces.  

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.
        (Learning about planting seeds)
Currently listening to:  The Great Alone, by Kristin Hannah.
        (Yes, the same author as The Nightingale that I finsihed recently)


Wash your hands.

Forgot to publish...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...