Sunday, January 10, 2021

Nicknames

Many things were accomplished today.  I remembered to work on the accounting class I am taking through the library, I checked out the plants, and I went through some boxes.  Words, however, do not seem to be coming well.  At least not with the email I was just trying to write.  I'm hoping for better here.  Other than being productive here are some happy things from my day:

  • The GoPro and I have been struggling.  Today after a very long time I finally got a video to download.  It took a very long time that I couldn't walk around with my phone so it could communicate with the GoPro.  At least I don't think I could.  I am so pleased that I got the things saved.  The following two pictures are to compare the GoPro shot with my camera phone.  They were taken on January 7, 2021.

GoPro-a frame grab.

The photo I was taking above, using my phone.
  • By the time my phone was no longer tied up with the GoPro, it was dark.  I donned my warm clothes and vest that has the lights attached and took about a four mile walk.  Yay!
  • Winston, the orange tabby, seems to enjoy sleeping on the top box in the middle of the tower.  Today his face was out one side and his tail hung out the other.
  • Winston has also earned a nickname.  I'm not sure who came up with it, but it has been decided that he is Winston Zuko.  This is after Prince Zuko from the show Avatar: The Last Airbender.
  • I'm not sure if it will stick, but I suggested that Nanni, the brown tabby, also have a nickname.  The sound she often makes is a trill.  I'm thinking she should have Jadzia or Dax.  Jadzia Dax is an alien character from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.  Jadzia's alien race is called the Trill.
  • There was snow in Texas today and TF's excitement traveled from Austin, TX to New Hampshire. 
  • Tf and I also had our weekly accountability check in.  We have been making lists of things to accomplish each week and being supportive of what we each are able to get done, or not.  It is just the kind of gentle pressure and encouragement we each need to get things done.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Currently listening to : The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah.

Stay safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...