Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Can't Always Be Happy

There are things I generally leave out of my happy blog.  Politics is one of those things.  I'm feeling that there are things that are happening in the world that really suck and sometimes it is almost a disservice to not mention them.  Today, January 6, 2021, was one such event as a mob stormed the US Capitol.  I'm doing my best to not become completely despondent over this event.  Focusing on things from the day that were happy is what this blog is about though, so here are a couple things:

  • We "finished" the puzzle today.  There is a piece missing in Alaska.
The Puzzle.

  • The two cats seem to have gotten along fine today.  Their occasional poor interactions are becoming less and less.  Pet progress!
  • Bel and I moved things around in the cellar today so make room for plants.  This has a few benefits-- 1. there won't be a light coming on in my bedroom to wake me up at 6:20 every morning.  It can wake the mice up in the cellar instead!  2. the cats will no longer have the plants to jump into in my room, thus making my room more accessible for them.  3. I can start planting things.  
Plant stuff.

Plants that will hopefully flourish.


  • Before we started watching the news today I was getting ready for a walk.  When I had enough of the news I still went out for a walk.  It was dark.  I'm glad I have that vest with the little LED lights.
  • Gideon snuggles are extra special on stressful days.
Sunset.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Currently listening to : The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah. This is one I started listening to a while back and had to return.

 Stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...