Friday, January 1, 2021

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my happiness blog for 2021. Every day I look for something that is good in my life that I am grateful for or happy about and write about them. I try to make these short. Whether you are visiting my blogs for the first time or you have come back for another year, thank you!

Bitmoji

This being the first day of a new year I went for a nice long walk. There is a fire tower not too far from home that I traveled to. The Concord-side parking lot was pretty full, so I drove to the trail on the other side of the hill, in Loudon, which had no vehicles on the roadside when I got there. The trail from the Loudon side is basically a service road for the people servicing the miscellaneous towers at the top and it is the easier/faster way up. The trails on the Concord side of the towers are trails, not a road, and there are loops and side trails to explore. Since I wanted to be out for a while, after going up the fire tower, I explored some of the trails on the Concord side.

Trail head.


View from the fire tower towards home.

Mount Kearsarge from the fire tower.

There must be a story, I don't know what it is...

Mount Kearsarge from Slope Swope Vista on the trail.



After I got home, Zed, Gideon, Bel, Folke, and I all went for a walk around the property. We have some nice views on these thirteen-ish acres. It has been four days since I walked the property. I’ve started a new blog to highlight things that not everyone will want to see when they come to a blog about things to be happy about. So there is a separate link for what we saw, a deer carcass.

Gideon and Zed took the low road.

Folke and Bel.

Some kind of animal tracks.

Other things I am happy about today:

  • Zed got Chinese food for dinner.

  • Sitting by the fire with the family watching Star Trek DS9.

  • Playing Minecraft with TF.

Currently listening to the book: All the Days Past, All the Days to Come, by Mildred D. Taylor.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...