Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Through the camera

 When I get home from work I am usually pretty tired.  Somedays I am able to push through to get other things accomplished.  This was not one of those days.  I fell asleep for a little while.  After that I was able to push through doing the dishes and taking a walk with Keziah, Gideon, and Aesop-the dog.  Other happy things for today include:

  • Watching Gideon ride his scooter.  He is getting much better at it this summer, more confident.

  • Our walk was along a bike trail that is alongside Interstate 89.  It seems like it should be a peaceful place but the cars are loud in some places.  Finding the entire trail is on my bucket list.  We've done this part before and it seems to have a definite beginning and ending.  Walking this today has reminded me that there are trails that stem from this one that could someday be explored.
Under the highway...

  • Here are some pictures that highlight some happy things.
Keziah and Aesop.

Highway bridge.

Waterway.

I love how the black-eyed Susans are adorned by the oak leaves.

Trying to be artsy.

This vetch is a little different from what I have seen on our property.
Lens identifies this as crownvetch.  We have cow vetch.

Lens is split between this being white campion or night-flowering catchfly.
Had the flowers been open, it would be easier to tell the difference.

Family!!




Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...