Friday, August 13, 2021

Happy Friday the Thirteenth

 It has been about 50 weeks since I looked at my FitBit app and realized that I had reached my daily 10,000 step count goal every day for two weeks.  I decided that since I was on a roll, I should try for a month.  That goal stretched.  Since August 13, 2020 through today, August 13 2021 I have reached that 10,000 step a day goal every single day.  This was not a small achievement for me.  I have walked around in circles in the house on many, many occasions this last year to reach that 10,000 step goal.  

This is most of the last year by month.

This is most of the year before.

Will I continue to put emphasis on reaching that goal?  I don't know, probably.  There have been many days that I have not felt like getting my steps in, but I still did them.  That is when walking around in circles in the house came in handy.  Other happy things for today include:

  • While mowing today I hit a praying mantis.  I think it got out of the way fast enough to be okay.

  • Keziah called me to come outside to see some birds that were circling out back.  They were much higher by the time I got outside.  I'm fairly certain that they were eagles.


  • Zed snuggling up to Winston.






Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your step goal commitment and achievement! I struggle with forming consistent exercise habits, although I've gotten a little better on that front in the last year. I'm also jealous of your mantis - I haven't seen one since I was a child! Turkey vulture is another possibility for your bird. They have that dark/light contrast between body and wing that's visible in your photo and frequently circle in groups, whereas eagles tend to be more solitary.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...