Monday, August 30, 2021

Home Again!

 It was another long day in the car and we are all back safe to our respective homes.  We chose a more winding route home that added about 45 minutes to the trip, but it avoided the construction (and most likely traffic) that we had on the way there.  Other happy things for today include:

  • All the mountains.  The drive home had some twists, turns, ups and downs as we passed through at least the Allegheny and Green Mountains.





  • As we drove along a rocky stream a large bird dove into the water to come up with a fish.  It all happened too fast for a picture.  If I had to guess, I would say it was a hawk.  
  • Aesop, the dog, was very excited to see me when I got home.  Nanni, the cat is stretched out beside me as I write.  I'm not sure where the other cat, Winston, is now, but he seemed happy to see me too.
  • Gideon was indisposed when I got home.  I sat next to him to watch Star Trek Voyager and waved hello.  It was funny because he wasn't sure why I was waving.  When I reminded him that I had been away all weekend I got a big hug and kiss.



Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...