Friday, August 27, 2021

On the Road


This weekend I am traveling with two friends. Today we drove to Pennsylvania and made it safely to our hotel. Other than traffic, we didn't have any big problems. Since my time to write is generally at bedtime and I don't want to keep my friends awake, this might be short. Happy things other than safely getting to our destination are:

  • It wasn't until I got out of the car to meet my friends that I became really excited and believed that this trip was happening.  With the pandemic, anything could have changed our plans.  Yay!
  • We are traveling in a truck belonging to one of the friends and she let me drive part of the time. It is a good sized Dodge Ram, I think. It drives beautifully. She and I have gone on long trips before and this is the first time I've been able to drive it.
  • We had many laughs along the way.
  • There were also some lovely views, I was even able to photograph a few.
Somewhere in Massachusetts.

Somewhere in New York, I think.

Pennsylvania at a rest stop.


Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...