Thursday, August 12, 2021

Happy Thursday the Twelfth

Arriving at work this morning I was informed that I would be learning a position.  After some training I got started.  A few minutes in, the trainer working with me lets me know that he gets more steps in doing this job (P2B) than what I had been doing (stow).  Leaving work before I had between 18 and 20,000 steps.  Today I had a little over 27,000 steps.  So, wow.  Since the first 30-45 minutes I was training, and thus not moving much, I expect to have even more on a normal day.  I'm happy to be learning new things and finding different muscles to exercise.  Other happy things for today:

  • The other day I enrolled in a webinar about hiking the Appalachian Trail.  That was today and I was mostly able to stay awake for it.  After working all night, staying awake in the afternoon is hard.  It was an informative webinar.  They were also offering guided hikes.  
  • There was a small meeting with a few people tonight concerning our SCA event that happens in January.  Due to all the things happening currently with the virus that is causing the pandemic, we have decided to cancel it for the second year in a row.  I am happy that this decision has been made.  I know that I didn't want to go.  
  • Thursday is the last day of my work week.  Yay!  Weekend!  



Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...