Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thistle

 Work this morning was a little stressful.  When they asked if people wanted to volunteer to go home, I jumped at the chance.  I had hoped to get laundry done and pack for the weekend.  I leave Friday morning with two friends for Pennsylvania.  I will be packing in the morning because I needed to do laundry.  I also wanted to mow some of the yard.  It was a very hot day and I didn't mow until late afternoon.  I'll get up early in the morning to get ready.  Happy things for today include:

  • Binge watching New Girl on Netflix this morning until the rest of the household woke up.  After breakfast I had a nice nap.
  • Running errands with Keziah and helping to choose new toys for the pets.


  • Eventually I made it outside to mow some of the yard and to make my way as best I could to the wildlife camera.  I mowed as much of a path to the wildlife camera as I could.  Zed came out and used the weedwacker the remaining way to the camera.  There is so much growth the camera isn't catching as much any more.
It has been a while since I mowed.

After I mowed and cleaned it up a bit.
  • I looked closer at the jewelweed today and it is huge.  I'm pretty certain that it has stretched over eight feet to grow taller than the Japanese knotweed and staghorn sumac that are crowding it out.

  • There is a milk thistle that is threatening and beautiful all at once.
Thistle.

Thistle seeds.

Milk thistle

More seeds.




Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...