Saturday, August 7, 2021

Foggy Morning

 Some friends and I are going to Pennsylvania at the end of the month.  We are going to check on the trailer that we store there for when we camp at the Pennsic event.  That event has been canceled the last two years-or I would be there now.  Since there is a pandemic, still, we had concerns about potentially passing the virus between us and, even though we are vaccinated, were going to start wearing masks again.  I wasn't looking forward to explaining to people at work why I was suddenly wearing a mask.  Then more warnings were published by the CDC and in response, the company I work for is reinstating mask use as of Monday.  I am happy that the company is being proactive in preventing the spread of this disease.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Zed and I went out to walk Aesop a little after seven this morning.  It was foggy.  We walked up a small hill and the fog was starting to rise.  It made for an okay picture.
Fog sandwich stuck between the earth and sky.

  • The dog,  Aesop, is no longer as afraid of the stairs.  He goes up on his own.  He joined me on my bed this afternoon and snuggled with me.  This will not turn into a regular thing. 


  • For Simplify Your Life Month I found one thing to do this week.  The boxes that I packed back in April for the ex boyfriend are no longer in my room.  They made it as far as the kitchen and I will text him over the weekend and make arrangements.  It is a baby step, but still one that is forward.
  • Keziah and my protege went to Ikea today.  They came home with the van half full of furniture to make.  As far as I know, none of it is for me.  Yay, not my stuff!!

  • We had a meeting tonight and that meant that I got to visit with my protege too!  

Currently reading: Backpacking A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...