Sunday, August 1, 2021

Happy August

 It has been a long couple of days learning about the new dog, Aesop.  This is only the beginning.  Everyone is fine.  While I was outside mowing the lawn and Keziah and Zed were off helping some friends, Aesop bit Gideon.  There doesn't seem to be much skin broken and we don't think it happened through animosity.  Our current consensus is that Gideon is being perceived as a pack sibling rather than a leader.  Needless to say, there was a fair amount of anxiety for a bit.  Super happy that Gideon is fine.  We still want Aesop.  Happy things for today:

  • August is Simplify Your Life Month.  Not sure if there is anything specific I will do for this, but I want to make more steps in downsizing.  It is like a second chance to get rid of stuff after not getting through all the stuff over Lent.
  • We got Aesop into the car for a ride today.  He doesn't like cars and needs to be lifted in.  We did what we could to make it comfortable and he did much better as we traveled to our destination and even better on the ride home.  

Wind blowing those ears!

He almost fell asleep on the way home.

  • I stopped mowing to watch a monarch butterfly flutter around the milkweed that I refuse to remove from the yard.  :) 



  • I didn't quite get the artsy look I was hoping for with this picture, but I loved the three pinecones in various forms by each other.
There is a drop of sap clinging to the middle one.
  • The mowing didn't get finished.  Maybe it will be dry tomorrow and I will get out there again.  It got so high when the mower was broken and then we had all the rain.  I'm happy to have less tall grass to walk through.



Currently reading: Backpacking A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...