Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Fruit

 There was another observation at work today and they gave me more swag dollars.  I'm being told that I have a lot of potential.  Part of me is very happy about this.  Another part thinks I should go back to school and get some training in something that isn't working in a warehouse pushing packages.  Truth is, if I knew what I wanted to do, I could do both.  With income comes the ability to pay for some education.  I'm not willing to take out loans at this point in my life.  The other thing that I would need though is time.  Ah well, I'll just keep dreaming.  Other happy things for today:

  • After work I suggested to Keziah that we take a few minutes to take care of the peaches.  With the massive amount of rain we had the last few weeks many of the peaches rotted.  We still have enough good ones for Keziah to make a peach cobbler.  There is also a big part of the tree left to be harvested.
Keziah, picking.

  • The apples might be ready to pick too.  
There are many more than just this one,
I just liked this picture.

  • Today is the last day of the "dog days of summer."  




Currently reading: Backpacking: A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...