Monday, August 23, 2021

Another Tiny Harvest

 It was hard to wake up and every time I sat down today for too long I drifted off.  Now I am preparing to sleep so I can get up in a few hours to go to work.  I had a leisurely day.  I walked the dog-twice, did a load of dishes, and thought about going through a box in my room.  Afternoon, I realized how little I had done and decided that I needed at least one happy thing and I remembered the marigold that is very large and blooming near the strawberry and blueberry plants.  I have been surprised at how big it is and now it is covered in blooms.  


Crawling by to get to the blueberries
 I knocked off a branch.
The branch is now in the house in water.

Other happy things for today:

  • When I went for the picture of the marigold the strawberries that I saw coming in a week or so ago were ripe.  



  • There were a few blueberries too.


  • One of the things that I enjoy about working nights and having a weird eating pattern is the ability to have ice cream after my meal at midday and call it dessert.
  • One of the rose bushes has another bloom too.  



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...