Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Swag

After work I went into the garden just to check on things.  I am sad to say that the woodchucks have rebuilt their tunnel from one side of the fence to the other to get into the garden.  Anticipating that, there is netting there, but they are chewing through it.  I have decided that nothing else will be going into the ground until I have the time and energy to outsmart the culprits.  They ate all but one of the zinnia that I planted.  So far, they are leaving the marigold alone.  There are things that I am happy for from today though:

  • Going into work this morning I didn't feel that well.  Knowing that it was most likely the heat and the tossing and turning (rather than sleeping) that I did, I went in anyway.  I'm glad I decided to make the effort.  One of the management came around to talk with the new hires to see how we are doing.  I asked him if he could check on my average rate of sorting.  It was only my fifth day, but I wanted to know where I stood.  The goal is to sort 300 items per hour.  My average is around 245.  
  • He was so pleased with my progress that he gave me two swag bucks.  Employees can earn swag bucks by doing good work or good deeds, something that gets them noticed in a good way.  Swag bucks can be saved to spend on company swag like water bottles, day packs, towels, and other things that can be branded with the company logo.  I think I will wait to accumulate more before I spend much time looking at the swag.
  • When I went outside for my break this morning the moon was still up.  I love watching the moon.
Moon.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had some luck in past years putting crushed red/hot pepper down the groundhog's hole to discourage it from using it. Sprinkling it on the ground around the plants as well. (We were able to buy a big bag of it online.) Of course, having said that, this year the groundhog has leveled pretty much everything in my flower beds. I swear, some years they're just more destructive than others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks --K! I will give that a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...