Saturday, December 18, 2021

Too Much Sadness

 Yesterday, I learned that my best friend from high school has been struggling with cancer for the last year.  We have only rarely kept in touch with happy birthday messages and occasional phone calls.  Today TF, my best friend in Texas, found out that her son has died.  There is a lot of grief in me right now.   There is a bunch to process and I am just on the outskirts.  Holidays are hard.  Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them-often.  Message someone you haven't talked to in a while.   

Earlier today there was happiness as we set up the Christmas tree outside.  Since I am fighting a cold (I had another negative Covid test today) I kept coming inside to get out of the cold and snow.  We are expecting somewhere between four and eight inches.  I'm looking forward to the lights on the tree getting solar charged so I can get a nice nighttime picture of the tree lit up.



Currently reading:  The Middle Ages: A Graphic History, by Eleanor Janega and Neil Max Emmanuel.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

1 comment:

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...