Monday, December 6, 2021

Hanukkah

As the first person awake this morning I got to take Aesop, the dog, out for a little walk.  I took him once around the property on the mostly frozen ground.  I considered bringing the weedeater out and working on the trails but did not.  From what I have read when the ground is frozen is the best time to take down trees as it does less damage to the ground.  I'm not planning to take down trees at this point.  It is a good time to burn brush though, once there is snow on the ground.

Morning sun.

It was a good, contemplative walk for me.  Other happy things for today:

  • Both Gideon and myself are feeling much better.
  • I found Nanni, the brown tabby, on my bed asleep.  She looked as if she were a babe sucking her thumb.

  • In the evening we visited some friends for some latkes and to be there when the last candle on the menorah was lit for Hanukkah.  After we played a fun game of Munchkin.  





Currently reading:  The Middle Ages: A Graphic History, by Eleanor Janega and Neil Max Emmanuel.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...