Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Wednesday

 It has been another week of not sleeping as well as I would like.  After work today, instead of gardening, I just rested.  I didn't sleep, but I also wasn't very productive.  There are a few productive things that I did that are my happy things for today:

  • It is cold out today.  The high temperature was supposed to be 48 degrees.  The air smells cold and it is welcome.
Pretty sure that the tree isn't leaning,
it was just a weird angle.

  • I reached in deep and got the energy to do the dishes.  In all honesty, I wanted ice cream and needed a spoon, so I washed some silverware and loaded the dishwasher.  I think the rest of the dishes will be clean by the time the rest of the family eats dinner.
  • Every day there are six things I try to do, including this blog.  For November there is one more thing, NaNoWriMo.  Once this is posted, all of those things will be done for today.  I only typed 106 words for NaNoWriMo, but the total for the week still falls within my goal.
  • Self-care is maybe what I did this afternoon.  As I prepare for sleep my happy ending is a nice hot rice pack to keep me warm and rest my aching back.  



Currently reading:  Mount Washington A Guide and Short History, by Peter E. Randall.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


2 comments:

  1. Resting IS being productive. Our bodies can't do all the other things we want to do unless they are well-rested and restored. Here's to self-care! 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...