Saturday, November 13, 2021

Hadestown

 This year as an early family Christmas gift we all got to see a show in Boston.  The show is Hadestown and we all enjoyed it.  



Keziah and Zed saw the show on Broadway prior to the pandemic because Keziah has been following the making of this musical since it was just a concept.  My understanding is that Keziah and Bel met the writer's brother at camp (not my story) and so they have known about this for about ten years.  Any how, here are some happy things for today:

  • We went to Hadestown with friends and one of them made us masks to go with the show.

  • One of my favorite parts of the show is when Euridice and Orpheus are falling in love.   I don't want to give much away, but if you, dear reader, are familiar with Greek Myths, you will have an idea of what happens in this musical adaptation.
  • After the show we got dinner to-go at the Dumpling Cafe, during a rainstorm, and enjoyed it with our friends in the parking garage.


  • It was a wonderful day out in the big city of Boston.  It was also wonderful to get home!  Getting out of the car after the long drive and stretching out the kinks was also something to be happy about.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...