Thursday, November 11, 2021

Veteran's Day

 There is a list at work for people who want to volunteer to go home early.  I added my name and only worked about an hour and a half.  I wanted to be able to visit with my friends before they left today.  As I walked into the parking lot I saw my chance to take a photo of the trees that line it.  They are a lovely color that the camera didn't quite capture.


When I got home I was going to try to write, instead I got almost four more hours of sleep!  That sleep helped me be more refreshed during the day.  Other happy things for today:

  • My aunt came up from Massachusetts for a short visit.  It was great to see her.  Unfortunately I couldn't remember the mental list of family questions I have, maybe next time.
  • We got the tour of the RV before our friends, Kimberly and Dennis, left with their son and his partner.  Tomorrow they board a train and head south.  
Milling about...
  • Keziah and I had a nice walk with Aesop just after dark.  I'm happy he behaved well.  The last few walks I've had treats to help out and forgot them tonight.
☮
Thank you Veterans.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...