Friday, July 2, 2021

Happy July!

 It had been my intention to work tomorrow and get some extra time in.  Yesterday and today I was given the opportunity to leave early and I took it.  Saturday Keziah and I have our first in-person SCA event in over a year because of the pandemic.  Since extra work is an option, I decided to be awake for the event and not tired from working the day before.  Tomorrow is payday and it appears the money is in the bank.  Yay!  Other things I am happy for today:

  • Special thanks to Reader --K who suggested spreading the crushed pepper to help discourage the woodchucks/groundhogs.  I don't know if it has worked yet, but I feel good having taken this action.  
  • To test the pepper, I planted two more of the zinnia plants.  They are getting very root bound so need to be planted somewhere.  If they survive the night, I might plant a few more tomorrow.
And so the ground is sprinkled with red pepper confetti.
  • It has only been since last weekend, but it feels much longer, since I sat down with the family for dinner.  Zed cooked up some salmon and it came out perfectly!  Every once in a while it is okay not to sleep, right?



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thanks for reading, stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized/remembered that the photo accompanying my profile here is our resident groundhog from a few years back and the irony of giving groundhog deterrence advice while displaying a photo of said groundhog happily foraging in my yard is making me giggle. 😁

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...