Sunday, July 4, 2021

Crown Feeder

 With my new schedule and need for sleep I have been keeping the cats out of my room.  Last night I decided to prop the door open for them and Nanni decided that she wanted all the attention.  She even woke me up at some point for more petting.  Perhaps I picked the wrong night since I had to get up early this morning to go to the Crown Feeder Tournament.  This was the first live SCA event that we have gone to since things closed down at the beginning of the pandemic.  This event was thankfully limited to 150 people and was specific to narrow down the prospective contenders for the next Crowns of the East.  More sleep might have been nice.  Here are other happy things from today:

  • Getting to see people that I haven't seen in a very long time and being able to hug.
  • Keziah did all the driving and we were able to provide a ride for a friend too.  Good company!
  • Seeing the fighters be honorable and safe as they fought today.                                                                                     


  • From this event, eight couples are advancing to the finals which happen in two weeks.  Two of those couples are from the Barony of Stonemarche and one lived in the Barony until just a few years ago.  It is exciting to think that the next crown may be from the Barony. There was another feeder tournament held further south with another eight couples to compete in the finals.
  • Towards the end of the event I was peopled out.  I took a peaceful walk around the grounds of the event site and found a pond and a path through the woods by a river.  It is a beautiful area.





  • After the event a bunch of us met for ice cream and got to visit.
  • My garb today was fourteenth century and I had to braid my hair in the front to achieve the right look.  
All dressed up.


Before taking it all down.

WIthout the cap and veil.
Very silly by today's standards.

  • My door is open again tonight.  Nanni seems a bit more tired this time.



Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thanks for reading, stay safe.

Some more pictures from the event.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...