Monday, July 19, 2021

Happy Monday!

 It has been a few weeks since I have walked out back on the property.  I came in from the road out back and through to get home from my walk today and retrieve the SD card from the wildlife cam.  The growth is such that finding ones footing is difficult.  Sloshing home I put the SD card in the computer and there were only fifteen files.  I'm wondering if the camera isn't picking up as much because of the growth in that area.  I'm going to consider repositioning the camera.  It was really good to get out there, even with the sodden ground.  Other happy things:


  • Along the sidewalk there is a sunflower.  Like it escaped and is making the best life where it can.
The sunflower seems to be facing East.


  • The wintergreen is flowering.  I feel like I usually miss this phase of the plant.
American wintergreen.
  • The witch tree seems to be doing alright.


  • Peaches on Marjorie seem a little more colorful today.

  • Gideon is a little less colorful?

Gideon will be more colorful tomorrow.
😉

Completed reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.
    The final chapter was about making maple syrup.  My favorite sugar!

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...