Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy Independence Day

 The zinnia that I planted in the garden have been consumed, most likely by the woodchuck/groundhog.  I missed the window of no rain today by being distracted by things to do inside so no changes were made in the garden.  I need to rethink my strategies.  Instead I will do my best to focus on the things growing well in the garden.  Happy things for this Fourth of July:

  • The peaches in the garden seem to be doing well.
Marjorie.
  • The basil and Egyptian walking onion are also doing well.



  • Some of the inside plants that are waiting for a safe place to go outside are doing okay.  
A zinnia, blooming, even though it is getting root bound.

Petunia.
  • After dinner I went for a walk in the sprinkles and rain.  I had a lot of steps to take in order to reach my step goal.  On the way back to the house, I could watch the fireworks being set off down the street from us.    
Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thanks for reading, stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...