Friday, July 23, 2021

What is Sleep?


Disclaimer:  I am writing this without sleep for over 24 hours.  I tried to nap and failed.  Please forgive ramblings and mistakes.

At work the goal to reach is moving 300 packages an hour. I have been hovering just below there and today during the first hour I reached that goal. I wasn't able to maintain that through the work day, but I reached it. Other happy things from today:


  • It was so good to watch the fighting tonight. So many people showed up. Being unable to be together for about a year and a half is a long time. Last weekend was the Crown Tournament finals where the next SCA royalty were decided with a heavy combat tourney. The winner becomes the next Prince and Princess and eventually King and Queen (they may choose alternate honorific or titles depending on their time period or with same sex couples). The time as Monarchs usually lasts about six months with time as prince/princess about five months. The pandemic has messed with our calendar but normally there is a crown tourney about every six months. Anyhow, we had two fighters from Stonemarche and one that used to live here competing. They didn't win, but one of them earned the right to hold the Shield of Chivalry by being, you know, chivalrous and chosen by a large group of people. This same person also received a token from one of the former Queens (a Rose) that was there. All this is to say that Keziah and I went to fighter practice to present the shield to them officially because they had to leave the event early due to a scheduling conflict. A member of the Rose came up to pass the token on to him. We surprised him.





  • After I ducked out for a few minutes with a friend to find a geocache. It was a micro cache so it took a little time to find the small capsule.

Photo by Dan, the guy I geocache with.

  • It was really great to see so many people out having fun.

  • There is a lot of beauty in the world.




I started a book today that I am not sure if it will be my next read or not.  It is about backpacking.  I left it downstairs so I don't have the title and all handy.


Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...