Thursday, July 15, 2021

Ups and Downs

 For the second day in a row, the plants I potted seem untouched by critters.  Yay!  I tried and failed at sleeping this afternoon, boo.  I've been mostly awake for about twenty-two hours so this will be short.  Good thing it is the beginning of my weekend. There was family time this evening watching some Doctor Who.  Other happy things for today:

  • I took a walk around the yard and found that Marjorie is getting heavy with peaches.  They still seem small, but there are quite a few of them.
Marjorie's branch is almost touching the ground.
  • After seeing all the peaches, I decided to check on the apple trees.  We haven't named them.  There are apples, most likely crab apples.

This is smaller than it looks here.
It is probably the size of a small plum.
  • A week or two ago I posted a picture of a flower, I think the bindweed, which had a sweat bee in it.  I think I found the home of the sweat bee.
There was a bee crawling into there and
I am fairly certain it was a sweat bee.
It was shy and wouldn't come out for a picture.

  • The spruce tree ( I think spruce...) has quite a few cones.  There is a little grape vine growing there too.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...