Sunday, July 25, 2021

Gideon Words

 For some reason this summer feels to me like the time of the daylilies.  It isn't that I haven't seen them in years past, it is that I didn't really notice them.  They seem to be everywhere in a wide collection of colors.  A quick Google search tells me that one of the things that daylilies symbolize is "forgetting worries."  Daylilies are a happy thing for today.

I love how the coloring alternates on this one.

It is hard to see, but along the wall it is all daylilies.



Other happy things for today:

  • TF and I had a long conversation about many things today.  Her uplifting attitude was what I needed to get me out for a walk.
  • There were two walks today, one with Gideon and one by myself.  It is always good when I get Gideon to go with me.  We talk about Minecraft.
  • For dinner tonight I made broccoli and Annie's Shells and Cheese for Gideon and myself.  Gideon exclaimed, "I just hit the cheese jackpot!"  My first reaction was to apologize for not stirring the mixture well.  Then I realized that hitting the jackpot is a good thing.  😀

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...