Sunday, July 25, 2021

Chosen Family

It was another day where I was tired.  Here are some happy things from today:

  • The peaches are getting a little bigger.

  • Last week I figured out how to get the audio files from my phone to play through the car stereo.  This means I get to listen to Podcasts again (Unlocking Us with Brene Brown) as well as my music mix.  Driving home tonight I was able to sing loudly to classic rock, not so classic rock, and folk music.
  • Dinner tonight was at a restaurant with close friends who are chosen family, remembering a part of that chosen family. 
  • That the adult children from that chosen family still consider me like another mom is a super special feeling.
❤☮❤


Currently reading: Backpacking A Hedonist’s Guide, by Rick Greenspan and Hal Kahn.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...