Wednesday, July 7, 2021

No Geranium

 Either the geraniums I planted yesterday were too small to smell, or they are an unscented variety, or woodchucks/groundhogs aren't deterred by them.  Of course another possibility is that the chipmunks or some other critter is eating them.  I stuck a stick into the hole, I know it will be out tomorrow.  It was a half-hearted attempt to deter them.  The worst part is that I haven't even finished securing the fence and the little buggers are coming in through a hole and chewing through the netting. Thank you for reading my vent.  Now to concentrate on happy things for today:

  • People at work are learning my name.  I think that is a good thing... I wish I could say that I am remembering all the names as well.  Most of the people seem friendly too, and that is good.  
  • I haven't posted anything from the wildlife camera lately.  I just took a look at the footage from the last week or so.  There wasn't a lot this time, but there was a crow.  It flew very near to the camera.  I thought it might be a raven rather than a crow, the more sites I look at though, the more I lean towards crow.  I will continue to second guess myself so let's just say it is a big black bird.  I just want it to be a raven.

It is a large bird.  😁
Then I thought, what does Lens think it is?
Lens' first hit is a common raven,
second is a forest raven,
third the American crow.

  • The plants in the front of the house that were identified as wild sweet William early in the spring have finally blossomed and do seem to be that.  They are pretty, I am glad I didn't pull them as weeds.
Wild sweet William.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I am actually leaning towards Raven because the tail looks more wedge-shaped than straight across to me. But maybe that's because I also want it to be a Raven more than I want it to be a Crow.😆

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...