Sunday, July 11, 2021

Good Chores

When I went downstairs this morning I realized that I forgot a happy thing from yesterday.  While I was off visiting friends Keziah and Zed cleaned up the kitchen.  It was nice to come home to that, as well as wake up to it, and I'm surprised I forgot when writing yesterday's blog.   Now on to things I am happy for today:

  • One of my chores this morning was cleaning the bathroom and replacing the toilet seat.  I suppose this is a weird happy thing to post publicly, but the last toilet seat didn't like staying put and this slip sliding is no doubt part of why it finally cracked.  It is a nice improvement to the bathroom.
  • For quite a few years myself and others have wanted to put together some kind of document that would be helpful to SCA people with running an event.  Today friends came over and we worked toward getting that accomplished.  We also had a nice visit, they brought burgers and hot dogs for a cookout, and of course we got ice cream!  
  • In the evening Zed and I went for a walk.  I've hatched a plan to start to complete some of the things on my bucket list.  Zed is a great listener and supporter of many of my crazy ideas.
I noticed this St. John's wort behind
the compost/brush pile.

The hosta is blooming.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading.  Stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...