Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Daylily

 It has been about 24 hours since I potted some plants and left them by the house-not in the garden-and so far they have not been eaten by the groundhog.  This makes me happy and hopeful.  Other things I am happy for today:

  • My work hours are from 1:20 AM to 11:50 AM.  I realized that it is pretty much always appropriate to greet someone by saying, "Good morning."  🌞
  • They got a dunk tank at work, like one might see at a carnival, so the employees could throw balls at the big red button and dump a manager into the water.  I missed, but at least four other people did not before I left for home.
  • When I got out of the car at home I turned and looked at where the irises were earlier in the year.  There is a different colored daylily there that I don't think I remember from last year?  
Daylily, according to Lens.
  • Keziah felt that Winston, the orange tabby, had been trying to tell her something today.  I don't know about that, but cute moments with Gideon did happen.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead Seasonal Planner, by Ann Larkin Hansen.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...