Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Back in a Cemetery

 This morning I was able to get out and mow a little bit of the lawn and thin the bittersweet a little before getting ready for the pre-hire event.  I'm glad I got outside and was a little productive.

This is the before shot looking towards the garden.

Slightly different angle only
about 15-20 minutes later.

What I got out before having
to pause for the day.

The pictures help me see how much I accomplished in a short time.  This might motivate me tomorrow.  Other snippets of my day that were happy things:

  • I went to the pre-hire event and survived.  Now I wait to hear from them to find out if I officially have the job or not.  If I do, I'll start work on June 22nd.  
  • After that, I met a friend and we walked through the Pine Grove Cemetery.  We walked through this same cemetery a few weeks ago.  The Find-a-Grave app is working on my phone now so we attempted to find some of the grave requests.  Turns out, this cemetery has over 24,000 monuments and we didn't happen to find any of the requests.


Heron.

This lovely cemetery has ponds and a fountain.


This holds plants now but it looks
like it could have been a fountain.
Last time we walked here we
somehow missed the road signs.

  • On the way home I stopped for a short walk across the Merrimack River.  I love this area.
Train bridge.

Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thanks for reading, stay safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...