Sunday, June 27, 2021

Memories and Mourning

 After spending the afternoon at the Celebration of Life for my uncle, Keziah and I went out for ice cream.  That is what one does in New England, we eat ice cream.  There is a particular ice cream stand, Hodgies, that is pretty popular in the area near where we were.  We went, even though it was in the opposite direction from home.  It was worth it.  Other things that are happy things for today:

  • We got the trees that were cut down yesterday cleaned out of the garden.  That was one of the morning chores before the Celebration of Life.  I'm wondering if the garden will get too much light now.
This area still needs so much work... baby steps.

  • We drove by a church on the way home.  It is under some kind of construction with scaffolding pretty much covering the front of it.  For some reason it struck me as beautiful.  There is a part of me that wants to go back there, take a picture from a better angle, and then turn that into a puzzle.
Scaffold Church.  😉
  • There was a lovely sunset.


  • It was very good to see family at the Celebration of Life.  It has been quite a while because of the pandemic.  The uncle that passed away was my father's twin and the last of that generation. 
The twins.

My uncle always had a smile ready to share.


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...