Wednesday, June 16, 2021

It's Pickin' Time!

 Changing my sleep schedule isn't going as well as I had hoped.  There is still time.  Instead of me waking up Zed this morning, he woke me up.  It was a good morning though.  Everyone but Zed, who had to work, went and picked strawberries at a local farm.  Gideon has been eagerly anticipating strawberry picking for a few weeks.  We still had guests and the five of us picked around 28 pounds of strawberries.  The picking was great!  


Our friends headed back to Pennsylvania after lunch with their strawberries.  When we got home I picked five more from our little strawberry patch.  Fresh strawberries and the following are my happy things for today:

  • As I prepare for this new overnight job, the time after lunch is when I hope to have my best sleep time.  I went to bed later than I had hoped and woke earlier than I had hoped.  What woke me?  A thunderstorm rolled in this afternoon.  It was loud and very close.  I opened the blinds and watched the sky darken.  Soon there were little pit pats on the leaves of the tree outside my window.  It only took a few minutes before the pit pats were a dull roar as the rain streamed down.  The sky started to lighten and soon the storm was gone.  
  • The afternoon was sunny after that and I was able to find a rainbow.
It is so hard to capture rainbows.
  • For dessert, we had strawberry shortcake with some of those fresh picked strawberries.  Yum!
🍓 🍓


Currently reading: The Backyard Homestead, by Carleen Madigan.

Thank you for reading, stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!

 Here it is, my final blog of the year.  2021 has been a long year.  I wrote a little personal review of my year and posted it in my Odds an...